Saturday 5:30 p.m. Vigil Mass (English)
Sunday 8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., (English)
1:30 p.m. (Englisih)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.
Saturday: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
All are welcome!
Twenteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
August 18, 2019
1. Knights of Columbus delicious breakfast is being served at the Parish Hall after the morning Mass.
(see photos of the Knights of Columbus form 2010 to current)
2. Confirmation Classes start this Sunday, August 18th, and First Communion the week of the 19th.
Registration: Monday thru Thursday from 8:00-12:00pm & 1:00-5:00pm,
Friday 8:00-12pm & 1:00-3:00 pm. There will be a fee for late registration after July 22nd
3. Corporate Board Meeting Wednesday, August 21st from 11:45-1 p.m. in the Conference Room.
4. Pastoral Council Meeting Wednesday, August 21st at 6:30 p.m. in the Conference Room.
5. Safety Meeting Thursday, August 22nd at 6:30 p.m. in the Conference Room.
6. VIRTUS NEW CLASS: Saturday, August 21st from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Conference Room.
VIRTUS RENEWAL: Tuesday, August 27th from 6:30-7:00 p.m. in the Conference Room.
7. We are in need of parishioners to help volunteer with the St. Matthew Bazaar.
Call the office or attend a meeting.
Bazaar Meeting Tuesday, August 20th at 6:30 p.m. in the Conference Room.
8. We are inviting children 12 and younger to participate in Mass with the Children’s Offering.
The offering is a small nonperishable item, canned food, boxed mac & cheese.
This is to encourage the children to learn about tithing and giving.
We would like our children to be catechized.
9. We are asking for New Prizes for the game Lotería, food and Monetary donations,
for our St. Matthew Bazaar on September 20th & 21st. Please drop them off at the office.
If you own a business and would like advertisement on our Bazaar Ad and during the Bazaar,
please contact the office.t
The Mission Statement for St Matthew Parish: is as follows:
“The Catholic community of Saint Matthew Parish, in the Diocese of El Paso, is called to celebrate the presence of Christ in Word and Sacrament. We are summoned and sent by Christ to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ in the spirit of faith, education, love, and service to our community in an effort to bring our members closer together and closer to God. This will be accomplished through: Teaching the tradition of the church and the word of God through worship and prayer. Establishing the spirit of belonging and welcoming visitors and new parishioners. Providing spiritual growth opportunities to all. Empowering and enriching the lives of our youth through ministry and education. Encouraging parishioners to share their time, talent, and value. Providing a safe atmosphere for all visitors and members.”
March 20, 2019